Prayer is a powerful tool, and I was reminded of this after going through some inner healing prayer recently. I’ve been trying to work through some of my weaknesses before entering the mission field full time in order to minimize any attacks that Satan might be able to make.
Three little Asian women walked me through several prayers
regarding generational sins, ungodly beliefs, and difficult holds in my
life. Although these women are
physically little, they are clearly full of the Holy Spirit. Their level of discernment was uncanny and
impressive. The anointing of the
meetings for the presence of the Holy Spirit was powerful.
Although I am not suddenly “cured” of all hurts in my life,
this time in prayer was touching. There
were several times of silence for me to just sit with the Lord and receive from
Him. I’ve never been one to hear God
through pictures or very specific words, but He really did speak to me so
clearly through several images, verses, words, and feelings. The theme throughout was of Him telling me
how much He loves me and how trustworthy He is.
I would classify the whole thing as tender.
I am so grateful for the time allowed to spend in prayer with these
women. And I am touched that God spoke
so clearly and gently to me.
Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we prepare for the big move: your prayers do make a difference.
Here is my favorite prayer that was given to me during this ministry. It captures so many of my desires.
"I ask, Lord God, that you would come and burn like a furnace and destroy all the arrogant and evildoers in my generational line so that not a root or a branch will be left to them. Lord, destroy all these false roots and all false fruit. Lord, would you remove the old nature.
I now ask, Lord, that you will set me free and send the sun of righteousness with healing in its wings.
I declare that Jesus Christ is the true vine, and I desire to be one of the branches. Since I acknowledge that I can only bear fruit as I am in Christ, my desire is to always remain in Him.
Lord, my desire is that I will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream so that I will have no fear or worries. As I remain in you, I realize that you will satisfy my needs as I am in a scorched land. My desire, Lord, is that I will yield fruit and that I will prosper in everything that I do and I will strengthen your fame, Lord. I want to be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.
Lord, I will always have confidence in You.
I desire to be a planting of the Lord so that I can be root downward, built up in Christ, established in His love, strengthened in the faith, and overflowing in thankfulness so I will bear much fruit."
(Based on Malachi 4.1-2, Psalm 1.1-6, Isaiah 58.11, Ephesians 3.17, Colossians 2.6-7, Amos 2.9, John 15.1-8, Matthew 15.13, Isaiah 37.31)
No comments:
Post a Comment