Our sending organization, Samaritan's Purse, arranged for a retreat for all the post-residents in Asia. So our three families from Tansen and one woman serving in Pakistan flew to Cambodia and enjoyed a fantastic time, almost entirely paid for by SP. They sent us SIX people and one spouse to support our four families! And they brought us goodies from the States. We felt so very loved by them!
Each morning we had a buffet breakfast with all sorts of feasts that we've been missing. Then we had a few hours of time together learning more about the Lord. During that time, the SP workers took turns watching our collective six children in a hotel room. It was so nice to have them get to know our kids! Then we had lunch and basically had all the afternoons free. It really was set up to allow rest and rejuvenation.
The talks focused on who God has created us to be and how to live that out. This was amazing since that's the topic I've read a lot about recently! They also discussed how to handle challenges, hurts, disappointments that arise in life, and how to be honest with God about it so He can more fully enter and heal us. We also got to meet one-on-one with a few people to gain further insights into our personal lives and walks with God. It was really a good time.
In addition to the amazing hotel food--which we regularly overate--we enjoyed the hotel's pool. Jack still loves to swim! He kicks and paddles nonstop. Then he naps very well. :)
I love it when he sleeps. :)
The hotel was very comfortable, easily one of the nicest hotels we've ever stayed in. The staff were definitely a large reason for it being so nice. They were great with all of our kids! Each staff member remembered Jack's name for our entire stay! This lovely woman let Jack play on her instrument.
The hotel food was amazingly good, and we ate a lot of it! We also got to take motorcycle tuk tuks into town a few times and eat out: sandwiches, salads, milkshakes, Mexican. Oh my! How will I control myself when we return to the US?! It was so delicious and fulfilling.
We had a day to explore Angkor Wat. Truly amazing! (And hot!) (Prepare for an onslaught of pictures--I couldn't decide!)
I also got to visit a silk farm and learn how silk is made. It comes from their cocoons!
The worms are not exactly beautiful.
Which might explain why I was the only one who held a worm!
It struck me that God could allow something so beautiful to come out of something so not-beautiful. May He do that in our lives, as well!!
I finished the trip with my fifth scoop of ice cream in less than 24 hours. But I had to share it, so it's okay, right?
Each morning we had a buffet breakfast with all sorts of feasts that we've been missing. Then we had a few hours of time together learning more about the Lord. During that time, the SP workers took turns watching our collective six children in a hotel room. It was so nice to have them get to know our kids! Then we had lunch and basically had all the afternoons free. It really was set up to allow rest and rejuvenation.
The talks focused on who God has created us to be and how to live that out. This was amazing since that's the topic I've read a lot about recently! They also discussed how to handle challenges, hurts, disappointments that arise in life, and how to be honest with God about it so He can more fully enter and heal us. We also got to meet one-on-one with a few people to gain further insights into our personal lives and walks with God. It was really a good time.
In addition to the amazing hotel food--which we regularly overate--we enjoyed the hotel's pool. Jack still loves to swim! He kicks and paddles nonstop. Then he naps very well. :)
I love it when he sleeps. :)
The hotel was very comfortable, easily one of the nicest hotels we've ever stayed in. The staff were definitely a large reason for it being so nice. They were great with all of our kids! Each staff member remembered Jack's name for our entire stay! This lovely woman let Jack play on her instrument.
The hotel food was amazingly good, and we ate a lot of it! We also got to take motorcycle tuk tuks into town a few times and eat out: sandwiches, salads, milkshakes, Mexican. Oh my! How will I control myself when we return to the US?! It was so delicious and fulfilling.
We had a day to explore Angkor Wat. Truly amazing! (And hot!) (Prepare for an onslaught of pictures--I couldn't decide!)
The worms are not exactly beautiful.
Which might explain why I was the only one who held a worm!
It struck me that God could allow something so beautiful to come out of something so not-beautiful. May He do that in our lives, as well!!
I finished the trip with my fifth scoop of ice cream in less than 24 hours. But I had to share it, so it's okay, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment