Today was no exception. I spent it driving our dog George to his new home in Fresno. I thought I was going to be able to escape the tears but when I pulled him away from Leona one last time we couldn't help but cry together over our favorite dog in the whole world. A dog, as Leona affectionately knew him, as the "the best dog ever."
Sure, he wasn't an impressive guard dog and he managed to eat about anything laying out that was leather bound or packaged. And sometimes he would roll in the dirt or worse because he wanted to take the smell with him. But he was always in the mood to cuddle, especially after one of us had a long day at work, as if to say, "Don't worry. I'm here."
We know that he will settle in to his new home with a great family that will love him. But still, we will miss him and always cherish the obnoxious noises and sweet little kisses he had for us.
We love you George. You truly were the best dog ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment