Friday, February 8, 2013

A Call to Michigan

Hmmm, 269 area code. Who could that be?

The voicemail identified the caller as a lady named Jeena who had volunteered at the hospital in Tansen. I had tried to contact her weeks earlier after learning that she too has an engineering background and that she was very involved with hospital projects.

We played a bit of phone tag before I was able to reach her. She was immediately warm and excited to tell me about her project work. It turns out that she and her husband (a pediatrician) had been in Tansen for 12 years! And that her training also was in mechanical engineering.

Furthermore, it turns out that her work continues state-side as she is raising funds for hospital projects with which she is still intimately involved. These projects include a new water tank, generator and an array of solar thermal panels on top of the laundry department. With her permission, I have added more information about these projects to our "Support" page.

Probably the neatest thing she shared was the fruit of their service as they worked alongside Nepali staff. She gave several accounts of lives changed and decisions for Jesus. Her love for these people saturated the stories she gave.

What am I going to be doing while in Nepal? I don't know, maybe a lot.

1 comment:

  1. it's amazing that you were able to connect and also find the water and solar projects! seems like more than a coincidence.

    ReplyDelete