Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Feelings on Returning--Again

When we returned to the United States last summer, I wrote a post on the variety of emotions that arose.  I thought it would be appropriate to do the same again this time.  We are definitely in a different spot in our lives and with God now than we were nine months ago. 


Blessed.  Blessed by our time in Nepal.  Blessed that God gave us such a clear answer to return.  Blessed that He has healed us of two major pregnancy complications.  Blessed by His support and encouragement through many of you.

Guilty.  When initially considering leaving Nepal for the sake of the pregnancy complications, I was experiencing a lot of guilt.  I wondered if I wasn't committed enough.  After all, we had been willing to sacrifice our lives to go to the most dangerous places in the world--which God did not take us to--so I wondered if this was any different.  None of the Nepalis get to leave the country when faced with physical issues.  But this guilt was hugely relieved by God telling us to go home for other reasons. 

Relief.  Now that the pregnancy has essentially become normal, I am even more thankful for release from guilt about returning since we did not have any choice.  I feel relieved to have been healed, relieved to have access to full health care resources, relieved that God has released me from any reason to feel guilty about being in the USA.

Disappointed.  We both wish we had more time in Tansen to deepen our relationships there, both in terms of friendship and the gospel.  We must trust that the Lord will use whatever small seeds we may have been able to plant.  He is the one who grows, after all.

Anxious.  We sure wish we knew what the Lord wants from us now!  But we recognize this will take time.

Excited.  We can't wait to meet our newest little one, to find out where we will live, what jobs we will work, whether we will get to go overseas again and, if so, to where.


Even though it is hard to be in transition without knowing where we are going, we wholeheartedly feel we can trust the Lord to guide us, illuminating each step as necessary.  Overall we are grateful for our time in Nepal, for the people there, for you, and for a trustworthy God.

No comments:

Post a Comment