Monday, April 1, 2013

It's a Boy!

For those who missed it on Facebook, we found out Friday that we're having a boy!

A copy of the evidence.
This is interesting since I've been referring to the baby as a "he" for weeks because "it" seemed too impersonal. My assumption was helped along by a teaser ultrasound two weeks ago performed by a co-resident friend of ours. He felt the odds favored a boy but was adamant that his professional reputation not rest on it!

Furthermore, Grandma Munsey reported a "feeling" that we were having a boy days before the scan. She's now 2-for-2 since she was pretty much certain that Leona was a girl (in fact, we learned today that she hardly fooled with the boy's names).

Am I excited to be having a boy?

Quite certainly! I explained to everyone that asked that we would be pleased to have a boy or girl and have only really prayed for his/her development and ultimate faith. But now that I know he is in there, if I'm honest, I've started fantasizing about playing catch and teaching him how to properly wield a sword.

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't sure at first whether to believe this given it was posted on April 1, but I saw the FB entry, so it must be official! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete